BIG3 BASKETBALL TAKES DETROIT BY STORM FOR SEASON 3
– Season 3 Opener Welcomes 14,235 Basketball Fans at Little Caesars Arena
And Airs to a National Audience Live on CBS –
– Reigning Champion Power Extends Its Success by Topping 3’s Company
in 2018 Final Rematch –
– BIG3 Continues the Excitement in Indianapolis with Additional Three Games
at Bankers Life Fieldhouse Beginning on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. ET –
Images licensed by Getty Images and BIG3.
If you do not have a subscription with Getty Images, email email@example.com to request permission.
DETROIT, MI – June 23, 2019
- The BIG3 began its third season in front of an impressive Detroit crowd Saturday night, delivering 14,235 fans an evening full of hard-fought contests, impressive individual performances, several ejections, and a surprise musical performance.
- Reigning BIG3 champion Power topped 3’s Company in a 2018 championship rematch to begin the season 1-0. The leading scorer across all of Saturday’s games, Cuttino Mobley, ended the evening with 28 points (including 5-of-7 on 3-point shots), six rebounds and four assists.
- Expansion team Bivouac, began its first season 1-0 behind dominant play from Detroit fan-favorite Will Bynum. Much to the arena’s adoration, the former Piston (six seasons for 8.4ppg, 3.4apg) scored 22 points in his BIG3 debut.
- The opening night excitement extended far beyond the court. The three games were broadcast across CBS and CBS Sports Network, the first of many shown as part of the league’s new broadcast partnership with the storied network. Additionally, highlights from the season’s first three games were all over Twitter, with “BIG3,” “Cuttino Mobley,” and “Reggie Evans” showing up as national trending topics all evening.
- BIG3 co-founder Ice Cube thanked Detroit for its continued support of the league with a halftime address and performance of “Today Was a Good Day.”
- Official Week 1 attendance in Detroit: 14,235