BIG3 BRINGS SUMMER BASKETBALL TO SALT LAKE CITY
– Triplet’s Joe Johnson and Al Jefferson Return to Utah with a Big Win Over Ball Hogs, Combining for 33 points. Triplet’s reclaim Top Spot with 5-1 record –
– Former Jazz Standout DeShawn Stevenson Scores 12 points and adds 6 rebounds in Ball Hogs loss –
– 3’s Company Earns Third Win of the Season Behind Andre Emmett and
Jason Maxiell –
– Bivouac Gets to .500 and Beats Aliens with Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow Combining for 37 points –
If you do not have a subscription with Getty Images, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – July 27th, 2019
- Joe Johnson scores 21 points (including a Toyota RAV4-point shot) as Triplets cruise to a victory and reclaim the top-spot in the BIG3.
- Andre Emmett (20 pts) and Jason Maxiell (8 pts, 5 reb) lead 3’s Company to its third straight victory.
- BIG3 continues next week in Chicago (1PM EST) and Milwaukee (4PM EST) on CBS Sports Network Saturday and Sunday.
- Today’s attendance was 9,272.
Getty Images: Week 6 in Salt Lake City
3’s Company 51 (3-3) vs Killer 3’s 41 (4-2)
Video Highlights: https://youtu.be/OcQplVwJ74I
Killer 3’s well-rounded attack, led by Stephen Jackson, CJ Watson and Donte Greene, was not enough to stop 3’s Company after Andre Emmett’s monster performance. Things got chippy late in the game when Dahntay Jones and Stephen Jackson went back-and-forth.
Led by Andre Emmett, 3’s Company had a tremendous second half, outscoring Killer 3’s by 14. In a game that meant a lot to both teams’ playoff hopes, Killer 3’s eventually fell 51-41 and 3’s Company went on to win its third straight game.
3’s Company Killer 3’s
Andre Emmett: 24 pts, 14 reb CJ Watson: 13 pts
Dahntay Jones: 10 pts, 6 reb Stephen Jackson: 10 pts
Jason Maxiell: 8 pts, 5 reb Donte Greene: 14 pts
Triplets 51 (4-1) vs Ball Hogs 34 (0-6)
Video Highlights: https://youtu.be/002NcQcxPxA
Will McDonald and DeShawn Stevenson’s 26 combined points were not enough to stifle Joe Johnson and his 21 points. Triplets went up big at half time, held their ground and rebounded after their loss last week against defending champion Power.
Ball Hogs only had 8 combined points outside of Stevenson and McDonald. For the Triplets, former Jazz players Al Jefferson and Joe Johnson dominated throughout the game, combining for 33 points and 9 rebounds.
Triplets Ball Hogs
Joe Johnson: 21 pts, 2 reb Deshawn Stevenson: 12 pts, 6 reb
Al Jefferson: 12 pts, 7 reb Will McDonald: 14 pts, 8 reb
Bivouac 50 (3-3) vs Aliens 47 (2-4)
Video Highlights: https://youtu.be/xDojF36AyKo
Salt Lake City’s final matchup featured two squads hungry for a win. Without Will Bynum, Bivouac struggled early but efforts from Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow were the difference. The pair combined for 37 points but it came down to a final game-winning shot from Josh Smith.
Aliens made a comeback late but ultimately couldn’t find the right match-up with Josh Smith.
Josh Smith: 18 pts, 14 reb Brandon Rush: 19 pts
Anthony Morrow: 19 pts, 4 reb